Friday, January 27, 2012

Link: Kloby's Smokehouse In The WPost

The WPost wrote a short review of Kloby's Smokehouse this week with compliments on the pulled pork, the smoked turkey and the baby back ribs.

Rina Rapuano makes some detailed points in a talented way.  She notes that takeout fries went soggy immediately and that Kloby's designed its current mac and cheese with kids in mind.  But she highlights the food that she enjoyed and got a bunch of information in a short piece.

That's a skill that I certainly appreciate -- even though it means Rapuano doesn't cover recent innovations at Kloby's -- "jarbecue" and the flight of bread pudding!

Thanks to Dave for the email with the link.

1 comment:

Todd said...

After ready here about Kloby's here, fiance and I tried it the other week with her mom. Here mom must eat a gluten free diet and their pulled pork fit that bill nicely. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich as well but I really wanted to try the wings. The wings did not disappoint! I got the dirty with the Carolina BBQ sauce. So Good. Worthy of a city chicken box. The sandwich; which I miraculously found room for, was one of the better pulled pork sandwiches I have had.
My issue of contention was the beer prices. Seriously, who pays seven dollars for a beer? Obviously me time two. While their tap selection is pretty sweet, I will not be bothered to ordered anything that is not on their Tap-out ($3.50) selection on the next visit. Stupid people pay that kind of money for a beer the rest of us go to the store and buy a case for $1.25 a pop.

I want to try the ribs too but I have a feeling that I am going to be hard pressed to find a restaurant that can beat my slow cooker/ dry rub recipe.

Thanks for the rec. guys. I much enjoyed!