Friday, January 20, 2012

Bread Pudding Flight At Kloby's

The local tasting scene has expanded with the off-menu offer of a "flight" of bread puddings at Kloby's Smokehouse on Johns Hopkins Road.

In the style of flights of bourbon or beer, the barbecue restaurant offers four tiny glasses, each with its own bread pudding.  The menu has several flavors, plus several specials each day.  We had chocolate-covered banana, cookie dough, Butterfinger, and raisin.  The raisin came with a bourbon sauce.

That's what Mrs. HowChow is talking about.

She will take bread puddings over cake every day, and she picked chocolate-covered banana as her favorite.  They're all different, which made for a fun dessert splitting them.  The bourbon sauce really tasted like liquor.  As far as we can tell, they're microwaved in the glasses, which probably disqualifies them from Top Chef Just Desserts.  But it's cool to see a casual place try something different.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

How can you tell they are microwaved in the glasses? Does microwaved bread pudding have a different texture/consistency than baked bread pudding? I'm with Mrs HowChow, the chocolate covered banana sounds amazing, of course, I love most everything banana...

Which reminds me, DO NOT order a banana milkshake at Kloby's, they have no idea what it is, and after I gave them instructions on how to make it, I received watery milk with chunks of banana in it... nowhere close to Sonic even...

Snoopy said...

I am pretty certain the only reason I eat Kloby's is because of the bread pudding. I am not an huge fan of BBQ (The Husband is) but man oh man! Their bread pudding is DELISH. Usually we take ours out as we have a early to bed baby, but YUM YUM, maybe I will have some Kloby's tonight. (PS the best flavor is snickerdoodle)

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I had the bread pudding at Kloby's couple of weeks ago. I have to say, it is worth going to that place for the bread pudding alone.

CarotteSauvage said...

My husband and I love bread pudding and have tried it at so many places I can't even keep track. I've had the flight and Kloby's, and I was actually a little disappointed - the unique flavors sound nice in theory, but when you order cherry pie bread pudding and it doesn't taste anything like cherry pie (or have even one cherry in it!), it is a big let down. Other flavors I've tried are one-note(the only flavor in a chocolate covered pretzel bread pudding is the chocolate). They don't taste bad, but I feel like they need to develop a better technique to get the most out of the ingredients they use.

Alexander D. Mitchell IV said...

You know, when I first saw the subject in my feed, I thought it said "Bread Pudding FIGHT at Kloby's"....... That would have been interesting to see as well.

But I'll take this....

[shakes drool from keyboard....]

Deb said...

Bread pudding lovers should try the bread pudding at Aida Bistro. It is absolutely delicious. Can't wait to try the Kloby's BP.