In the same line of news, there appears to be a new halal butcher and Turkish grocery in Ellicott City. That's Turkish Family Grocery at Rte 40 and Normandy Woods Drive, reported Sarah Says on Twitter. I need to check it out.
Everything in western Howard County is sort of foreign to us. We've never gone beyond Clarksville, other than Bistro Blanc. Are there any good dining spots out there? What about farm-fresh food? Seems to be a lot of farms near the house we're looking at. I know of Larriland Farm, wasn't sure if there were other produce or meat farms out there to get some quality ingredients.If you have advice for Dave, please comment below. Check the comments on all the HowChow posts. People jump in. This week, a bunch of people gave their feedback -- positive and not-so-positive -- about Asian Palace Fusion. In the same way, people jumped in with comments about the macarons at Linda's Bakery. And there was more:
- Annie Rie and Anonymous added their votes for local caterers.
- Sweetcakes and Kupcake & Co. got raves in the continuing comments about cupcakes.
- Katherine talked up the crepes and the fish with blood oranges at Tersiguel's.
- Lydia and Jeff -- the owners of Lovebirds -- posted a comment with their contact information. They are baking their sweets in Laurel.
- On Facebook, check out the Rumor Mill's plan for special local oyster dinners on January 20 and 21. They're teaming up Sapidus Farms to provide the oysters.