Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's Your "Best Night" Restaurant? I Have Let Barbi Down, And I Hope She'll Get Another Night

Oh, no!  I have let Barbi down!  This morning Mrs. HowChow found a comment from days ago where Barbi asked for a "best night" restaurant -- price and cuisine no concern.

I missed it!  Stacy and RHFoodie both chimed in, but I wish that I had seen this to post earlier.  Let's hope Barbi gets another night.  Dinner out with husband and friends.  Where should she go?

I have to say the private room at Sushi Sono.  Our dinner for six was delicious and extra special because you're cocooned up with your conversation.  But I could think of other suggestions as well -- Victoria Gastro Pub and pizza at Facci Ristorante.  I tend towards the casual and being able to try lots of different food, so I'd love to fill the large table at Grace Garden, which I know wouldn't please many folks out for a date night.

Obviously, I need to read the comments more.  You should as well.  Folks post and send me emails with great ideas, and I like sharing those as well:

Anonymous posts are fine if they're friendly.  But I do want to recommend your own unique name.  You can type in anything you want in the comment block.  Pick something that keeps you anonymous, but lets me follow your comments.   I really appreciate them.

5 comments:

Penny said...

Bistro Blanc. The service is fantastic, and the food, the wine, especially the dessert! Oh my.

Junior Barnes said...

Tersiguel's. Great food, surroundings and service. What more can you ask for? It may be old school, but it's old school done right.

Anonymous said...

We love The Melting Pot for special occasions. We know its always consistent and we love the time we spend cooking our food and talking. I also love the fact there aren't a lot of children there. I love kids, but for a special night, I'm happy not to be seated next to them!

Barbi said...

Thanks HowChow! We ended up at Stanford Grill. About the 5th time we have been there, but we always get a nice meal. Dinner was delicious, the service great and you can't beat their wine prices. Some of the best bottle prices in town. Thanks for the suggestions...there will be another date night....a few months from now:) You have never steered us wrong, we look forward to trying more of your suggestions....and Sushi Sono has been on our list for a long time to try.....

Anonymous said...

It's in Baltimore City, not Howard County, but my husband and I celebrated a promotion at Cinghiale. The food and service are spectacular.