Monday, August 4, 2014

Spectacular Lemonade At Roots: Jazzing Up With Fruit And Flavors To Refresh Your Summer

I'm a water-drinker.  The fads of flavors and teas left me unimpressed.  But Roots has captured me with lemonades that are worth the splurge.

Mint-lime.  Wheatgrass-ginger-lemon.  Strawberry-basil.  These are Roots house brand made into 16-ounce bottles that go for about $2.  They're full of flavor, done nicely where strong tastes like ginger or basil are measured nicely so that they're energizing, not overwhelming. They're a great reason to check out the Clarksville organic grocery store.

If you go to Roots, check all my posts.  But definitely check out their guacamole.  I'll hold Mrs. HowChow's guacamole over anything, but you can't beat the convenience of Roots' fresh-made version.  They buy great avocados, and that has always been tough for me.

2 comments:

Trip Klaus said...

One little thing about Roots is the quality of their peppadew peppers, available prepackaged in the case across from the cheese near the olives. For some reason theirs are so much better than the ones sold in the Olive bars at Harris Teeter and the like. Perhaps, they use real peppadews from South Africa rather than the faux peppers from Mexico. I don't know, I just know that almost every time I buy them elsewhere I am disappointed.

Anonymous said...

you can also buy them in the canned pickle/olive section at Giant in Clarksville. they are delicious appetizer stuffed with goat cheese!!