Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sign At New Maiwand, Patio Roof At Facci

New covered patio going in at Facci.
Maiwand Kabob has put its sign up for a new restaurant off Rte 175 in Columbia.  It's going into the shopping center near Target that also has a Big Lots and Pier 1.

The sign apparently went up in the last few days and was spotted by Sarah of the Sarah Says blog.  On a prior post, MK had written that the new Maiwand Kabob would be more like Panera or Nordstrom Cafe than their current counter-service joints.  Anyone know when the new one will open?

Also going up appears to be a covered patio at Facci on Johns Hopkins Road.  They have installed a metal frame that looks like it will hold a pretty serious roof.

6 comments:

Allan said...

Last week Tuesday, someone at the Harpers Choice Maiwand Kabob told me that it would be about 2 - 3 weeks before the new location opens.

Kattrina said...

When you said patio roof, for some reason I thought maybe Facci was putting a patio on their roof. I was kind of excited!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the new Maiwand. 2 minutes from my house! It'll be great!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...not sure how that would differ from the counter service..Panera and Nordstrom Cafe are both counter service as well! Anyone here anything more about how it will differ?

meri said...

Does this mean that the Maiwand Kabob in Burtonsville is closing? Or is this an additional location? I certainly hope it's the latter!

HowChow said...

@Meri -- I don't think they're connected. I think this is just a new location. If I remember from a while ago, the Burtonsville Maiwand was owned by different people than the one in Columbia and the one near Arundel Mills.