Thursday, June 12, 2014

Here We Go Again: Folks Say Ananda Will Open In 3-4 Weeks, Bringing Indian To Maple Lawn

I don't want to be Chicken Little, but folks are saying again that the new Ananda restaurant will open in Maple Lawn in 3-4 weeks.

The latest word was a post on the Maple Lawn 2.0 Facebook page by someone who said she talked to the manager.  This will be an Indian restaurant.  The building has been going up for more than a year.  Construction has been glacial all 2014, and I don't think it has a sign or a Web site.

I sent an email to an address that someone wrote in a January ad looking for servers and kitchen help.  The restaurant was opening in February when they posted that.

(Update:  Don't count on a June opening.  On June 12, I heard back from a nice person who said they don't have an opening date yet.  The advice was that I email back in a few weeks, and they'll have a date then.")

Ananda seems like it could be terrific.  It's owned by the folks who run the Ambassador in Baltimore, and I'm infatuated by the windows on one side that open like garage doors.  Those should turn the room into almost-outdoor dining in good weather.

Does anyone know more?  Has anyone seen a Web page or any announcements? Hat tip to K8teebug, who flagged the Facebook page for me.

No comments: