Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Elizabeth Large Is Retiring

The Sun's restaurant critic Elizabeth Large is retiring and ending her wonderful blog Dining at Large.  Click here for the full retrospective.

Large sounds upbeat in her post, but this is very bad news for people who like restaurants and reading about them.  Large wrote her own reviews for the Sun, but she also created a real place on Dining at Large where other people had their say and even became personalities in their own right.

Personally, I am indebted to Large.  I sent her an initital email because, as a former reporter, I thought it was fun to tip her to news.  I would have been happy to have her write about the Howard County restaurants, so I was stunned when Large linked to HowChow and delivered all kinds of readers to me.  It was a significant act, and I hope that whoever takes over the Sun's restaurant blog will foster the same kind of audience participation.  It's a large act to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yet another reason not to click on the site run by the Baltimore edition of the Chicago Tribune.