Friday, June 5, 2009

Dobbin Donuts and Deli Needs Your Support -- And You Need Breakfast

If you want to support Dobbin Donuts and Deli, it sounds like you need to go down there and eat something.

I got a very nice email from David, who says that the Dobbin Donuts and Deli folks might need to close because business has dropped so much. David touts this as one of the best places for a diner-style breakfast or lunch. "Big portions, nice people, good food."

I haven't done any reporting about Dobbin Donuts (Jack - Are you available?), so I don't want to panic anyone. I'm sure there are many local restaurant owners feeling the pinch. I'm just posting because David really likes the food, and he thinks that people need to visit in the next few weeks if they don't want the Dobbin deli to close like George's, Z Pizza, and the other local places that have just become memories.

(Update: There is a comment below that says Dobbin Donuts may be closing at the end of June.)

Dobbin Donuts & Deli
6656 Dobbin Rd # C
Columbia, MD‎
(410) 381-4092‎

NEAR: Dobbins Donuts & Deli is on Dobbin Road between Oakland Park and McGaw Road. So it's south of McGaw if you are coming from Snowden River Parkway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to Colunmbia for a week starting this Sunday and I am going to check this place out. I LOVE this website and stumbled across it by accident. I just moved here last year from Hawaii and live in PA. My husband has business to take care of all next week in Columbia, so we'll be eating out 3 meals for the entire time. LOVE your site!

Anonymous said...

i just found out that Dobbin Donuts and Deli's last day of operation will be Saturday June 27th. The drop in business spells the end of a 19 year run.