- The new Cooks 'N Cakes bakery has a sign up on Rte 40 in Ellicott City, reports Kate. This will be a cupcake bakery in the former site of the Breadery. Sara Toth wrote a profile of the owners in Explore Howard and says they're planning to open at the end of October or beginning of November. (This seems about the same timing as the new Linda's Bakery in Columbia.)
- The Second Sunday market in Ellicott City went off a few weeks ago. I keep having conflicts, but the downtown Ellicott City happening is a great way to spend an afternoon and pick up some food and vegetables. Katy picked up celery root and bread from the Little French Market and posted about them on the Peaceful Plate blog.
- The owner of R&R Taqueria is working to get another location off the ground, says Southern Skies Coffee Roasters in a comment from earlier this month.
- East Moon Asian Bistro has opened in the Shipley's Grant development on Rte 108 in Elkridge. Eric and others reported the opening. Anyone been for the food?
- And Mike Crosen tweeted me to recommend Sharp's at Waterford Farm, a farm with hayrides, pumpkin and local honey just west of Glenelg off Rte 97. I haven't been, but it opens on weekends for those rides, farm animal visits, a country store and nature trails where you can just walk outside. This is Sharp's Web site.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Signs Of Cupcakes, Reports On The Second Sunday Market, And Talk Of A New R&R Location
I'm hearings lots of reports about new bakeries and restaurants across the county. There seem to be a rush of new dessert bakeries, but also new food so that you can get dinner before dessert: