- El Nayar's breakfast gets a thumbs up from the HoCo Rising blog. I wrote about El Nayar about two years ago, and the Elkridge spot does succeed with authentic Mexican -- real flavor in a casual setting.
- The Foodspotting Web service interests the Computer Blues Posterous blog. David writes about the site that wants you to post about specific dishes -- a photo and a recommendation about where you can order.
- The Yum Report has been all over town -- three "yums" for the new Frisco Tap House in Columbia, but only two for Charley's Grilled Subs in the Columbia Mall.
- Hoco Hangover continues to work through its list of Howard County nightlife spots -- this time posting about the River Hill Sports Grille. Linda and Missy posted about Ravens game specials, but I wasn't home in time to link to them. Watch HoCo Hangover for a rundown on Super Bowl specials.
- Then if you're cooking at home, check out Thoughts From A Swimmer blog where Cindy and hubby put together a new salad with grapefruit, avocados, chicken and more.
- The new Baltimore Beer Guy site announced two new beers from Frederick's Flying Dog brewery -- both draft only and one brewed with four-leaf clovers.
- And finally welcome to Balted Marley, a blog that seeks to drink and review every beer at the Perfect Pour. The Perfect Pour is enormous, so the blog has many a mixed-six-pack to go.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Links: El Nayar, Frisco Tap House And The Growing World Of Howard County Food Writing
A thousand flowers have bloomed among people writing about Howard County food, so people should check out several other sites that are reviewing or otherwise talking about local options.
Scribbled by HowChow at 6:20 AM