Tuesday, June 5, 2012

People Comment About CrunchDaddy, Ice Cream, Asian Liquor, Italian Food, Schwarma, & More

The "orange roll" at Yama Sushi
I recommend the orange roll at Yama Sushi, but I don't remember exactly why.  I took a photo.  I created a post.  But I didn't write down notes -- or at least I lost them before I could write out an explanation.

But you should definitely try the Columbia sushi joint.  That's one of many places that I discovered through comments that people left on HowChow.  The newest place was Tere's Latin Market, which I tried for the first time in May.  John, Kelsey and others chimed to recommend specific dishes at the Ellicott City spot.  They're joining with one of my Chowhound favorites, Elgringoviejo who has posted about Tere's tacos there, saying he prefers them to R&R.

One question about a possible new place:  Has anyone seen a cheesesteak truck working the area near Rte 216 and Maple Lawn?  Eric emailed me, saying that he had seen the truck twice but hadn't been able to catch the details as he drove past.  Anyone know the story?  Email me.

Beyond new places, the comments provide everything from recommended dishes to reports of meals to requests for information.  As I try to do, this is a catch-all of some recent comments so that you can check them out:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There will be a Pit Beef stand at Centennial Park.

Leeann said...

What about the Bon Chon? Any new word on its opening date?

Anonymous said...

Oh Yama Sushi. How I want to like you. We've been there 3 times, once take out, the other 2 dining. Each time we ate in the restaurant the service was amazingly awful. 45 min wait for a couple rolls and udon. The management was nice enough when we complained, but its enough that we aren't going back(at least to eat it) The food was decent, but I'd sooner driver the farther distance to Sushi Sono and get takeout from there.(Or eat in there)

Anonymous said...

Centennial Park is advertising that they now sell breakfast, lunch and dinner.

asg said...

Here's a request: does anyone know of places where you can get good vegetarian or vegan food? Not counting Indian (I already know about Mango Grove) or the vegan place out by Roots.

Talia said...

That looks delicious!

Min said...

A note about Asian liquor: when I went to get a bottle of Makkoli at the liquor store next to Lotte some time last year, the owner suggested I also try Walmae Makkoli, a mild, a bit fizzy, smooth rice wine in a white plastic bottle. I was hooked ever since. :)

kam said...

I haven't had a problem with service at Yama Sushi, but it hasn't been all that crowded when we've gone, either.

~kam

Renfield said...

I wonder if that cheesesteak truck is from Mr. G's in Lansdowne. Their blue truck purports that Mr. G is the "King of Cheesesteaks". I didn't even know this fairly new place was in the line of succession.

TRAVEL UMROH BANDUNG said...

look so yummy please can i share this bloghopefully helped

indri said...

so yummy, please can i share this blog veneer kayu hopefully helped