Monday, June 18, 2012

Lunch Today: CHOCOLATE-COVERED Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich At Sweet Cascades

Chocolate-covered grilled cheese and bacon sandwich
You read the headline right?  Imagine a cheese sandwich.  Add bacon.  Grill it.  Then dip it in chocolate.

That's your lunch today at the Sweet Cascades shop on Main Street in Ellicott City.

The folks who brought you Old Bay chocolates, chocolate-covered breakfast cereal, and some very cool chocolate-covered wine bottles have branched out to lunch.  They make grilled cheese sandwiches, then choco-dip them and artfully drizzled them with white chocolate to finish them off.

I have to admit that I don't know how they taste.   I snapped a photo because we had already eaten ice cream and then lunch on Saturday.  (You read that right too, kids: When you're an adult, you can eat ice cream before lunch.  No one stops you.)

Sweet Cascades takes the sandwich seriously.  They talked up the bread, the cheese (pepper jack?), and the bacon.  I'm sure there is a trick to making sure that it dips right in the chocolate.  I highly recommend the chocolate-dipped sandwich, and I'd love to know what you think if you try.

Wordbones -- Isn't there a child in your house who needs this kind of one-stop nutrition?


(Update: Adam actually tried the chocolate-covered sandwich.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you "highly recommend the chocolate-dipped sandwich if you haven't even tasted it?! Tsk, tsk.

Elizabeth @ The Bare Midriff said...

This is amazing. And dangerous. And indulgent. And overwhelming.

I may have to try it.

HowChow said...

@Anon -- LOL. I'm recommending that you try it. I'm not 100% sure that my age range can take the full pressure of cheese, fried, bacon, and chocolate. I want to hear a report back.

Jen said...

I think if anyone does try one, they should do so near one of those wall-mounted do-it-yourself defibrillators.

And then please report back, because I'm very curious.

Theodor Tobler said...

I have a strange attraction to that sandwich! The more I think about it, the more I think it may just work!

Elizabeth @ The Bare Midriff said...

Now everyone, calm down. There's an easy solution to this problem that will not involve EMTs or CPR:

We all go down as a group and split one!

AliceBlue said...

Their chocolate dipped cheese puffs are so wonderful...count me in for the group tasting trip.

CM said...

This actually sounds delicious! Someone please report back with a review!

Spencer said...

I must say I would have never have thought to have put chocolate with cheese and bacon but it certainly looks good!

K8teebug said...

This repulses me. If they made them fresh, sure, but the idea of a grilled cheese sitting in a case and getting soggy sounds gross.

bmorecupcake said...

@K8teebug: Exactly!!

Although I'm always pestering them for freshly made chocolates, I give them a pass on truffles and other items that require a day or two to "stabilize" and keep well for another day or two. But often the chocolate-covered items from there, and on occasion even other chocolates, do taste a little stale. Since there's no way to get around that, I stay away from the pretzels, puffs, and things of that sort. The strawberries are usually done daily, but even then I can't get a guarantee that the (expensive) strawberry I'm purchasing was made the same day so I pass. That being said, I love many items there and visit at least twice a month.

Anonymous said...

Will be indulging in this before the 4th... Will report back once ingested...