Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chocolate Covered Pomegranates At Trader Joes

The best part of the chocolate-covered pomegranates is actually the texture when you bite.

Someone could write an entire blog about little finds at Trader Joes, and I love the place.  But the first item that really surprised me enough to want to shout from HowChow was the plastic clamshell filled with chocolate-covered pomegranates.

Dark chocolate is delicious.  Pomegranates are very special around here.  But they were even better than I had expected.  They have the slightest crunch -- not the liquid squirt of a liquor-filled chocolate, but a crunch and the light, diffuse flavor of fruit.  I palmed them all in less than two days -- including one bowl of ice cream that I topped with  a small handful.

If you haven't found the Trader Joe's in Howard County, look for the Costco and the Best Buy on Rte 175 just west of I-95.  TJ's is across from the Costco.  You need to turn north onto Rte 108 from Rte 175, then turn right into the shopping center.  Full warning:  The seeds aren't cheap, and Mrs. HowChow thought that they weren't all that.  But I'm infatuated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also purchase dark chocolate covered pomegrantes at BJ's. Wherever you buy them, they are full of flavonoids and anti-oxidants, so you know that they are the ultimate health food!

Jen said...

I love it, too, but it is a PRODUCTION grocery shopping there. I could live on the chocolate-covered bits of everything, they sell!

Lyss said...

I am determined to find some recipes for those little devils. Mmm.

K8teebug said...

These are awesome!

Emily said...

I picked up a package of these today, on your recommendation. WOW! They're fabulous. And they won't last long at this rate. My waist would probably appreciate it if I didn't buy them very often!

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

HowChow - I completely agree with you about wanting to blog about EVERY TJ item! I love that store so much and am able to find so many unique things, I just want to tell the world all about it sometimes :)
These look great though - I'll keep an eye out next time I go there. Right now, my mission is to find Trader Joe's macarons!