Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hot Food For A Great Cause

The Howard County libraries are having a night of Latin-flavored books and food as a fundraiser next week at the East Columbia branch.

Go to the "Evenings in the Stacks" on February 27, 2010 and enjoy food from local restaurants and caterers, including Azul 17, the Elkridge Furnace Inn, El Nayar, La Prima Catering, On the Border, Parfections, and the Lincoln College of Technology, which runs a cooking program in Columbia.  (If only they could also get the spectacular tacos from R&R Deli in Elkridge.)

Those people are supporting a great cause in the libraries, which I think are a terrific source for cookbooks. I have been burned so often that I'm often loathe to buy new cookbooks.  The library lets me test-drive a stack so that I go out and buy the ones that I have to own.

Tickets are $100, which isn't for everyone.  But you get get all that food, plus a night listening to three authors Francisco Aragon, H.G. Carrillo, and C.M. Mayo.  For more information, click on the library's Web site.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this one!!