Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grace Garden Closed Temporarily By Snow Damage, Acc'd To Chowhound Posts

Commentators on Chowhound are saying that snow damage to the roof has closed Grace Garden -- one of the best Chinese restaurants in the area -- for the foreseeable future.

The post on Chowhound comes from a regular poster, who says he had talked to the owners of Grace Garden.  This is a truly spectacular restaurant, and it is family-run, which makes it seem very vulnerable to problems like this.  I hope they can re-open quickly.

(Update:  The Grace Garden Web site now says that they are temporarily closed during the reconstruction.  That sounds like they're going to try to reopen in the same place.  Good luck to them!)

2 comments:

charm21210 said...

Hi,
I was one of the many who planned to celebrate Lunar New Year's eve at GG. I got a call from Mei that afternoon about the bad news. We felt so sorry for the Li family that they'd had to go through all the troubles at this supposedly festive time. I haven't heard anything from the Li's yet. I'll follow them to wherever they open shop.

Penny said...

My best wishes for the family. They are wonderful people who run a spectacular restaurant. I was looking forward to many more meals in their company, I hope they can reopen soon.