Thursday, October 15, 2009

South Mountain Creamery's Fall Festival

The South Mountain Creamery is hosting its fall festival this weekend at the farm in Middletown, MD.

(Update: The rain delayed the festival. It was rescheduled for October 24-25, 2009.)

I'm not holding a grudge that South Mountain didn't choose my neighborhood for the 2009 pilot of their vegetable delivery program. It's still a great source at the Saturday farmers market at the Glenwood library.

South Mountain will have food, hayrides, music and a petting zoo on October 17 and 18, 2009. Click here for contact information and directions. Click here for information about the veggie delivery, which is currently sold out.

4 comments:

Kattrina said...

Although their veggies might be sold out, I get their milk and chicken delivered every week. They also sell yummy yogurt, other meats, cheeses, apple cider, half and half, farm fresh eggs and many other things. We really love getting it all delivered and it's not too pricey. Definitely worth it - the chicken is amazing compared to the stuff at Trader Joe's or Giant.

22209 said...

I signed up for the veggie wait list back in July or so and was contacted within weeks about an availability. I know someone else who recently started their subscription. So at any given moment they may be filled, but they do accept new customers from time to time.

Unknown said...

The fall festival was moved to next weekend because of the weather.

HowChow said...

@22209 -- Where do you live? I signed up last spring, but I haven't heard a word. I assumed that they have a limited delivery area. I'm near Rte 29 and Rte 216.