Friday, October 2, 2009

Harris Teeter in Fulton: Free Snacks At The Grand Opening On October 6

The Maple Lawn Harris Teeter finally opens its doors with free snacks from 5:30 to 8:00 pm on Tuesday, October 6, 2009.

Maybe be more than snacks if you walk the whole store. They're calling it "Taste of Teeter" and say they'll have samples. Ribbon-cutting at 5:30. Snacks until 8:00. The store opens for business the next day and runs 24 hours a day.

Watch your mail. Kim of the Prosaic Paradise blog sent me an email with a photo of a Teeter mailing that announced the October 7 opening and offered $40 in savings inside.

Harris Teeter
Maple Lawn Farms
8184 Westside Boulevard
Fulton, MD 20759

NEAR: Harris Teeter is on Rte 216 west of Rte 29. You go through the traffic circle at Maple Lawn Boulevard where you see a bank. The Harris Teeter is at the next traffic circle. You'll see it on the right.

5 comments:

pizzablogger said...

I'd never been into a Harris Teeter before I went to the Outer Banks last week....there are three down there and I also saw several on the way to the OBX.

You guys are getting a good store. My only gripe was the cheese selection (at least at the OBX location I went to) was sorely lacking, but the selection of everthing else in the store was very nice!

HowChow said...

I'm with you on the cheese. The selection doesn't seem anywhere near as interesting as a Wegmans or a Whole Foods, but the cheese are really expensive.

betsy said...

"Taste of Teeter" is perhaps the worst name for a promo I can imagine.

dzoey said...

There's a Harris Teeter in Kings Contrivance as well. Like Giant and Safeway, it has its strengths and weaknesses. The produce is good, the fish and meats are good, the deli, bread, and cheese selections are a little weak and the prices are high compared to the quality. It is a southern chain so it does have some foods more common in the south than around here.

When I'm annoyed at the poor produce and high prices of my neighborhood Giant, I'll drive down to Harris Teeter.

Personally, I will be one of the first in line at Wegman's when they open.

Kim said...

Thanks for the mention!

When I lived in Blacksburg VA for college, Harris Teeter was one of our big shops my senior year. We also had Kroger but that was more run-of-the-mill. Back then, the Harris Teeter seemed big and fancy - and my favorite thing about it was that the bakery had cannolis!

So you can believe the first spot I will check in the new store will be the bakery. :)