Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More FroYo: Tutti Fruitti on Rte 40 in Ellicott City

There appears to be another tart frozen yogurt place getting ready to open on Rte 40 in Ellicott City -- Tutti Fruitti, a new store that Elizabeth spotted and emailed me about.

Neither of us has tasted the yogurt yet, but there is a tiny blog site talking about a new store opened in October. [Update: People say the place is still under construction. The original post said that it appeared to be open.] Looks like this is a chain, although the Tutti Frutti chain's Web site doesn't show any stores in Maryland yet.

Anyone stopped at Tutti Fruitti yet? There are some Yelp reviews of a Tutti Frutti in Manassas that make it sound like Yogiberry (in the Columbia Mall) or Mangoberry (in Catonsville) -- tart yogurt, fruit and cereal toppings, modern design, a touch expensive. One unique aspect appears to be that you choose your own yogurt from lots of flavors and mix them yourself.

If you're going to check out Tutti Fruitti, check out my driving tour of food along Rte 40. There is great stuff in that neighborhood.

Tutti Fruitti
9191 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042

NEAR: I got that address from the blog, and Elizabeth wrote that this is in the shopping center that houses Flags Etc. across from Bare Bones and the St. John's Plaza. It's Rte 40 west of Rte 29 and just west of St. Johns Lane.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Not opened yet, still under construction.

Anonymous said...

Website looks like the one in the Annapolis mall. My kids & I really liked it since it had so many more flavors available. A wall of ice cream machines, you fill yourself & they top it. I think it was sold by weight.

Now - why can't we get things open closer to Clarksville

K8teebug said...

I was just thinking the other day that I was glad there wasn't a frozen yogurt place near my work. I. am. in. trouble.

Eric said...

I saw a flier at the Longate Safeway this morning indicating Tutti Frutti had opened as of the 11th. They're supposed to be having specials today, the 12th, from noon until three.