Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Maple Lawn Turkeys And Special Amish Hours -- Early Thanksgiving Thoughtsing

Two early thoughts if you're planning on a special Thanksgiving dinner.

Maple Lawn Farms will start taking requests for fresh turkeys this Sunday, November 1, 2009. Check out their Web site. You'll be able to pick up turkeys at the farm on Rte 216 in Fulton between November 11 and 30, and they have sold in past years through Whole Foods as well. For more links, check out last year's post about the Maple Lawn turkeys.

The Dutch Country Farmers Market will be opened Tuesday, November 24 (9a-5p) and Wednesday, November 25 (8a-6p) for Thanksgiving shopping. They'll be closed Thursday, then open again the two days after the holiday.

3 comments:

Examorata said...

My family had a Maple Lawn turkey last Thanksgiving and it was delicious! We'll be ordering again.

cdarl said...

We've had a maple lawn turkey 2 years in a row - so yummy. I even brined it last year - really yummy.

Bryanne Salazar said...

Thanks for the great advice! I had already placed my first order (to be picked up this Saturday!) when I stumbled on this review. We are so excited to be "off the grid" for Turkey this year. I hope more people follow suit. I'll let you know how my bird turned out ;-)