Saturday, February 26, 2011

Athar Khan ("Columbia Bike Guy") on HoCo360

If you live in Howard County, take a few minutes to enjoy HoCo360's post about Athar Khan -- the "Columbia Bike Guy."

This kind of creation is journalism, and it's difficult.  It takes skill with a camera and words.  It also takes time -- hours to create and (I'd argue) years of living to understand the full story.  If you want to write about a place, this should be your goal.  A stream of opinions makes us bloggers; telling someone else's stories makes us useful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great article! My husband and I always see this guy on Brokenland, and always wonder about his story. Thanks for sharing!

Kristi said...

We love Athar! He's always on 108 and 29. He really does brighten my day, every time I see him. His positivity and humor are inspiring!

Jen said...

This tears at my heart. I will certainly say "hello" or wave next time I see him. What an inspiration he is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the link! There's definitely a lesson to be learned in his story. If only we were all so kind and could be inspired by the things that really matter. What a nice addition to your fantastic blog!!