Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gino's New Franchisees Live In Howard County, But They're Aiming To Open In Balt. County First

The guys bringing Gino's Burgers & Chicken back to the Baltimore suburbs are from Woodbine -- but they're aiming to open first in Baltimore County, reports Richard Gorelick on Dining at Large.

How about some Howard County loyalty?  We have so much burger love to share!  Think close to home!  Oh, well.  They own their home county too, so those onion rings should be here eventually.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Ginos on Connecticut Ave in Kensington from my Junior & senior High school days.
I have to admit I liked Burger Chef or Hot Shoppes much better. For that matter, the MarkEat right across the street was probably as desireable, even though it was more convenience store than carryout.

Should Ginos decide to grace HoCo with a convenient location, I'll be sure to check it out. I'm certain i'd not make a trip to B'more to do the same

dzoey said...

Is this the same Gino's from when I was a kid in the early '70s? I remember what a treat it was when Mom took us to the one near Colesville Rd and University Blvd.

I wonder if it's as good as I remember?

Hot Shoppes was a big treat for us and it seemed fancier. I agree that the food was better there, but that was to be expected for a fancy place (viewed from a 6 year old's perspective)

Cate in Columbia said...

My husband worked at Gino's at West St in Annapolis. I remember walking to Gino's after school for a Gino Giant. It would be great to see Gino's in Howard County!

Unknown said...

I remember riding my bike to our Howard County (Laurel) Gino's as a kid. I remember when it became a Roy's after Gino's sold the restaurant. I would love to have another close by.