Saturday, November 1, 2008

Corrections: What I Got Wrong

I have been writing long enough that I'm making mistakes. (Well, you get what you pay for!) But people are catching them in the comments, and I'm fixing as I go. Please do fix my errors by making comments on the mistaken post.

August 6, 2009
My mistake: The location of Oriental East. It is in Silver Spring, not Wheaton.
Still right: This is a fun place for dim sum and a useful location to meet people from DC or VA.

April 14, 2009
My mistake: The location of Lotte. It is on Rte 40 east of Rte 29, not west. I corrected it.
Still right: Lotte offers great takeout dinner options -- beef that you can cook in minutes and the Korean side dishes.

November 19, 2008 and several earlier posts:
My mistake: That the address of Lily's Mexican Market was 6476 Dobbin. I corrected it.
Still right: Lily's is the best Mexican grocery around and one of the best ethnic markets in Howard County. Great for warm tortillas made on site or for take-out tacos.

October 22, 2008:
My mistake: That Larriland Farm isn't in Howard County. But it is, as noted by anonymous in the comments.
Still right: Larriland is spectacular from summer through fall for pick-your own. Larriland and Frank's Nursery are the best places for pumpkins.


October 29, 2008 and July 24, 2008:

My mistake: That the family that owns Sushi Sono also owns Sushi King. But they don't anymore, as noted by Keith in the comments.
Still right: Sushi Sono and Sushi King are delicious places for sushi. The private rooms are terrific for 4-8 people.


July 7, 2008
My mistake: I got the address wrong for the Indian grocery Apna Bazar in Laurel. I corrected it after an anonymous comment pointed out the error.
Still right: Apna still has a great selection of Indian breads in the freezer -- plus other groceries.

No comments: