|Korean barbecue at Shin Chon Garden|
Then the rumors. People gave some ideas and some jokes about what is happening at the former Rocky Run. Best rumor so far: Another brew-pub kind of place. Anyone know when the Bon Chon Korean fried chicken will open? Ryan and I were emailing. Their Facebook page said on March 20 that it was coming soon.
|Wegmans looking for employees|
Then some planning: Call Wegmans if you want a part-time job. Kristi found them advertising in the mall. Mark your calendar for HocoBlogs' next blog party at Second Chance Saloon on April 11. These are aimed at bloggers and readers, and they're free and fun.
Then some blog links. Food Nomad tried to the crepes at the Crepe Cafe next to Cafe de Paris. Blogger FN didn't love them. Adam grabbed tacos at R&R Taqueria. He posted on the Option Pitch and Waffle Crisp blog that the trip was inspired by the Food Network show, even though tacos are normally his thing.
And a sample of the other helpful comments:
- Brandon reports that CNN listed 100 great sports bars in America and listed Looney's in Fulton and River Hill Sports Grill in Clarksville. CNN mislabeled Looney's as Baltimore, but what are you going to do?
- Rob, Katherine and others talked up the soup at Bon Fresco. And it turns out their Easter special is a traditional -- maybe Italian -- item.
- Wawa reports that the new ice cream place in downtown Ellicott City is from the folks who own Pepperjack's in Laurel. Apparently, they also have a hot dog cart outside the Owen Brown village center.
- Moontoad critiques Red Pearl for not figuring how to respond to a relay call. Honestly, it's odd to get moderated calls from the deaf. But people can figure it out, and Moontoad says other folks like Royal Pizza send delivery easily.
- J, S and others seconded my praise for Tandoor Grill in Tribeco.
- Anyone know where to find Spanish chorizo -- reddish with paprika? Vicki saw my post about chorizo at Family Market, but I don't know if the "Argentine" chorizo there is like Spanish.
- Barbi talked up the idea of getting fried chicken and checking out the new Family Market in Columbia.
- JP loves everything at Linda's Bakery in Columbia. He seconds the napoleans and pushes the mini eclairs as well.
- MH3761 loves the frosting at Cooks N' Cakes, but thinks the cupcakes themselves are overbaked. She (?) would love to hear if they make changes because she is rooting for the Ellicott City bakery.
- And people keep adding to the cheesesteak list. I need to check these out.