Peaches aren't here yet, but the Howard County farmers markets open this week -- starting with a Wednesday market in Ellicott City.
For 2011, I think there will be five markets:
- Wednesday afternoons at St. Johns Episcopal Church in Ellicott City.
- Thursday afternoons at the East Columbia library.
- Friday afternoons at Howard County General Hospital in Columbia.
- Saturday mornings at the Glenwood library.
- Sunday mornings at the Oakland Mills village center in Columbia.
Watch HowChow for reports on Gorman Produce Farm in Laurel. Also, keep an ear out to see if the Second Sunday market will return to Ellicott City. That started in 2009, and it has drawn produce and meat vendors, along with the normal places on Main Street to buy food.
For addresses and times for al the farmers markets, click on the Howard County Economic Development Authority Web site. Or click for all my posts about the Howard County farmers markets.