Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Link: Timbuktu on Kevin & Ann

Kevin went for the "famous" crabcakes at Timbuktu in Elkridge, and he didn't leave impressed, according to his post on Kevin & Ann Eat Everything.  I remember enjoying my crabcake at Timbuktu, but not enough that I have been back since late 2008.

Like Kevin, I stopped at Timbuktu on the way home from BWI.  Now, I think I'd stop for post-flight dinner at the Maiwand Kabob just off the BW Parkway on Arundel Mills Road.  It's the same menu and same quality as the Maiwand Kabob in Columbia.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you know that honey pig korean BBQ (a chain with a location in annandale, virginia) is opening in ellicott city, on route 40 (i believe in the shopping center behind double T diner)? the annandale location is open 24 hours.

Work in progress said...

Maiwand. THAT'S where I should have gone.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, very interesting about Honey Pig Korean BBQ. Have seen write-ups about the one in Virginia and haven't had a chance to try it. So do you mean that it is opening in Catonsville behind the Double T Diner there? Or did Forest Diner in Ellicott City change into a Double T?

Anonymous said...

forest diner and double T diner in ellicott city are both open next to one another (although forest diner will be closing in a few years). there is a small shopping center behind the double T where honey pig will be opening.

all this is about 5 miles west of the catonsville double T.

BeerGuy said...

Intriguing, I'll have to look that Honey Pig BBQ up, never heard of! That's fairly close to me and I'm pretty bored with whats on 40 west of 29.

Anonymous said...

Maiwand Kabob is the best. I'm a vegetarian so I've never had the kabobs, but the vege platter and samosas are outstanding! Try the pumpkin!

Work in progress said...

honey pig would be a boon to EC. What space would it take over? There aren't any restaurants back there, that would be a pretty big refitting for a retail space.