Saturday, January 23, 2010

Link: Laurel Meat Market on the Technology & MSG Blog

I'm calling attention to an old post, but the Laurel Meat Market stands out precisely because it hasn't changed.

In August, the Technology & MSG blog posted good photos and a basic write-up of the Laurel Meat Market.  I stumbled on the post looking for something else, and I also think that the Main Street butcher is a great place for sausages, thick-cut bacon and steaks.

I dream of grilling season, so I'd love anyone's advice about speciality items worth buying at the Laurel Meat Market -- or at any of Howard County's butchers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend who invested in one of those pig roasters called La Caja China gets whole hogs at the Laurel Meat Market. If you're a fan of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" you know exactly what the deal is.

HowChow said...

@ Anon -- Does your friend have a photo? And a suggestion about where to buy the La Caja China? I read about those. My email is in the right column, and I'd love to post with a photo and a suggestion about where to buy the box and the pig.

TJ said...

They do indeed make great sausage there. And their ground chuck is to die for.

Anonymous said...

http://www.lacajachina.com/