Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gorman Farm Followup

On Monday, I posted about the Gorman Produce Farm in Laurel.

When I visited last weekend, they told me that they were open most days. Today, my friend was turned away from the farm. A guy there told her that they wouldn't be open for a few weeks.

I'm letting you know so that you know they appear to working out the kinks. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. I just drove up last Saturday, and they sold me vegetables and told me that people could come any day. Please be patient. It's a family farm.

(An anonymous comment below says that someone at Gorman recommended that you visit on Thursday or Saturday from 2 to 4 pm. UhOhBadDog says that the farm now has a "closed" sign outside.  Thanks for the comments.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by Tuesday afternoon. They were closed, but someone there suggested stopping by on Thursdays or Saturdays between 2-4 pm....that is when they have the produce in from picking for the CSA

UhOhBadDog said...

Driving past this morning, a new "Closed" sign has appeared on their signage at the entrance, saving a drive down the gravel driveway. Can assume that it will read "Open" when they are...