Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Five Guys Has Opened At Columbia Mall

The Five Guys has opened in the food court at the Columbia Mall -- along with Chipotle and Arbys -- after tempting us with burgers in Laurel, Hanover and Woodlawn.

I haven't indulged yet, but I got a report from Wendy. She has been to Chipotle and Arbys but hasn't figured out what a vegetarian should get at Five Guys. Obviously, the burgers are out, although I think the Five Guys fries are what lift it over Fatburger or other competitors. Wendy noted that all three joints have limited menus -- less options, for example, than a standalone Arby's.

Yogiberry is still under construction across from Zales. Last I heard, they hoped to open in August 2009.

8 comments:

jeffsix said...

Vegetarians can get the grilled cheese at Five Guys. My sister does that all the time and she raves about how good it is.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Five Guys on Rolling Road at Security Blvd. Not Howard County, I realize, but close enough for some readers. It's right next to the Las Vegas (No. 1) Restaurant.

John G. Boyle said...

I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight...

Anonymous said...

love 5 guys, but the one at the columbia mall is really slow. And the food wasn't as good as other 5 guys

nuttyturnip said...

I live between the 2 Arbys on Rte 40, but I'll probably eat at the mall one a lot more often. There's a Five Guys a few blocks from my office, so I try to avoid that on the weekends.

Chipotle...blech. Give me California Tortilla or Qdoba any day.

Wendy said...

Columbia Mall 5 Guys was the only 5Guys I've been to and I didn't like the grilled cheese (I can make better) and the fries were brown as if the oil was dirty (instead of the golden color I like my fries to be) and there was hardly any salt on them. Won't be eating there again.

MegH said...

Another Five Guys is opening off Dobbin Rd in the space where the party store used to be (near Walmart and between Panera and Baja Fresh). Not sure when it will open. The party store just closed in July I think.

wonderinaliceland said...

The hamburger I had at Five Guys in the Col Mall this week was -- to put it mildly -- disappointing. Service was very slow, but even worse, the burger was more like a McD than I expected -- flat, thin and virtually tasteless. Had a terrific 5 guys burger in Annapolis last month, and this was nothing like it.