I keep learning from comments. I have discovered great items from cupcakes at Touche Touchet to, well, more cupcakes at Sarah & Desmond's in Ellicott City -- and I really appreciate when people take the time to share something that they enjoy. Often, they're commenting on older posts, so I collected some here so that other people see the news or ideas:
- On a post about ice cream at Seibels, Bets recommends the ice cream and breakfast foods at the Burtonsville restaurant. But she says that, if you do find yourself eating there, sit in the atrium area where you can watch the birds at the feeders and fountain.
- A new sour frozen yogurt store has opened in Catonsville in the shopping center with the H Mart, according to several people. One commentator found the new Mango Berry in the foodcourt down from the H Mart and says they serve the Pink Berry-style frozen yogurt with fruit, cereal, etc. But Mango Berry also serves a shaved-ice, red-bean paste Korean dessert that he/she recommends. (If want trendy yogurt you live in the south county, check out YogiBerry in Olney.)
- In an email from Jake, I heard that the Java Grande Cafe in Ellicott City will host local author Kim Barnes this Saturday to talk about her new book "Construct Your Conversations: Strengthening Relationships." The event is 11 am to 1 pm on June 13, 2009. Java Grade is on Rte 40 just west of Rte 29.
- Kevin commented about Sushi Sono and recommended the aji for adventurous eaters -- along with the horse mackerel served sashimi style where the chefs will fry up the bones for you.
- I wrote a short note about the new Hidden Treasure restaurant that opened in Highland on Rte 216. One anonymous comment there talked up the fish tacos. Another on an earlier post talked up the organic ice cream and shakes, along with the cheesecakes and cupcakes.
- On a post about Frank's Seafood, Anonymous said the best place for crab and shrimp near Columbia is the CrossRoad's Pub. You can buy by the pound or all-you-can-eat, and it has the Howard County special -- outdoor seating that overlooks the parking lot.
- Kikiverde says that My Organic Market is her top pick for organic shopping in Howard County. Best prices and friendly service.
- Many people, including Nat from Ellicott City and dzoey, have been commenting pro and con about the new Coal Fire Pizza on Rte 108. You can get a real feel if you weigh all the comments, especially the detailed posts. Ryan asked if Coal Fire offers a BBQ chicken pizza. I don't remember. Does anyone know?