Monday, February 27, 2012

R&R Taqueria On Food Network Tonight

Remember:  The R&R Taqueria segments on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" airs tonight at 10 pm.  Check your listings for the Food Network.


Guy Fieri and the Food Network came through town last fall to film at R&R Taqueria in the Shell Station on U.S. 1 in Elkridge.  Tonight, the shows broadcasts, and you can see a little bit of Elkridge make the national scene.


(Update:  The segment kicks off the show.  It's terrific.  Watch for rebroadcasts of "Time Tested Treasures."  Owner Rodrigo Albarran-Torres is the star showing off how to make pork and lamb dishes with Fieri and Joe Theismann.  But the cameo customers include the guys behind Strobist and Southern Skies Coffee and include Alberto Flores, who kicked off the R&R love by talking up Rodrigo's tacos in a HowChow comment.)


(Update II:  Photo of Strobist!)

8 comments:

Marty Katz said...

Fietti and Thiesman were so nervous and goofy, they underscored how unflappable pilot Rodrigo is. R&R can be voted and commented on during the current survey period: http://zagat.com/rateBaltimore

Zevonista said...

Thiesmann's role was...odd. While DDD occasionally has celebs, I've never seen them in the kitchen (unless they are cooks). I had expected Thiesmann to be filmed eating the food...not helping to prepare it!

The single-camera view was also odd, but with such a small kitchen, I guess it was necessary.

Dave W said...

The owner was great, but I agree with the above, the addition of Joe Theismann really ruined the entire segment as a whole. I would have rather heard more from customers and a little more video of the kitchen area and other staff members. To me, that is what makes the place great in addition to the food.

Cate in Columbia said...

I stayed up to watch the segment- I didn't find Joe Thiesman distracting. I do know that I want to visit- the food looks amazing!

Scott said...

FYI... R&R has a Groupon today, but it's only for the White Marsh location. http://www.groupon.com/deals/rr-taqueria-baltimore?dl=d47388&c=all?p=11

Katherine said...

I thought Rodrigo was fantastic and I add my two cents that I wish Thiesmann was not part of the segment. That said, it was so fun to watch!

Junior Barnes said...

In case you missed the telecast, it will be re-broadcast on these dates and times:

Mar 09, 2012
9:00 PM ET/PT

Mar 10, 2012
12:00 AM ET/PT

Mar 10, 2012
4:00 PM ET/PT

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, Joe Theismann idea was really odd and took away from the segment.