Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mango Grove: How Long Until Dosas?

Mango Grove through the windows
The relocated Mango Grove still hasn't opened, but it looks like the Columbia restaurant is getting closer -- maybe just weeks away?

Much of the construction appears to be done.  The sign is up.  There are new lights, a new bar, and a rebuilt station up front where chefs will make dosas and other delights.  Tables and chairs are in, although there are still mops and other construction supplies scattered about.

Anyone know when they plan to open?  This is one of my favorite restaurants and a must-visit spot for vegetarians.  The Mango Grove Facebook page had a comment last week that said contractors were packing up and calling for their inspections. They still haven't posted a grand opening date.

The new Mango Grove will be in a shopping center that faces Dobbin Road south of 175 and north of McGaw Road and the coming Wegmans. The official address is on Stanford Boulevard, but you can see the center from Dobbin. It's on the left if you're driving south from Rte 175.

Mango Grove (relocated spot opening soon)
8865 Stanford Boulevard
Columbia, MD


NEAR: This is the shopping center that faces Dobbin Road south of Rte 175. You enter by turning from Dobbin onto Standard Boulevard. This has Pub Dog, Hanamura, Riverside Coffee and Noodles Corner.

8 comments:

Lolly said...

I wish I knew! Happy to see a sneak peek - it looks great. Do you know if they are planning to combine like they did with Mirchi Wok or focus on Mango Grove menu? I'm a veg, but husband liked the options of both - especially for lunch buffet. Glad to see that they are close!

HowChow said...

Last I heard, they were going to have two kitchens and serve both beg and meat menus. I see the sign just says Mango Grove, but I assume they're just consolidating all the food under the single name.

Ken Oh said...

Can't come soon enough for me.

alex said...

Try Flavors Of India they have best Dosa's in the area, TRUST ME

alex said...

have you tried Flavors Of India on Columbia gateway dr, they awesome south Indian food, I heard the chef moved from Udipi restaurant which is closed, I ate there, Dosa's & idly's ,sambar are great

Unknown said...

This will almost make up for the mongolian grill leaving. I've so far been addicted to Royal Taj, but I am always willing to try new food.

Unknown said...

BTW--I know that this isn't in HoCo, but the new Indian restaurant over by Arundel Mills- Rangoli...so unimpressed that I will never return. I could write a blog review if you would like, but it was the worst I've had in a long time.

HowChow said...

@Alex -- I haven't been to Flavors since just after it opened. I should go back for a dosa there.

@Eileen -- Thanks for the thoughts on Rangoli, but I'm a bigger fan of recommended good places. I ran "Trolling" posts for a while, but I have been able to get them going for a while. I'm always interested.