|Smelts! Almost as many as comments|
A whole bunch of people talked about the Fuji restaurant in Ellicott City. There was a short debate about the value of "authentic" Japanese food. Then some people about the food. Anonymous had a bad experience, then Wonderful had a terrific night. Earlier, Kim D and Dzoey had recommended their meals.
Another group commented about Belvedere Square. I pitched the idea of a roadtrip. They jumped in with other suggestions about soups, bagels, pizza, bread and more that you can pick up.
Avram earned his title as the official Moonlight Cafe correspondent of the HowChow blog. He discovered the new menu and the change to an Indian place called Tandoor Grill, and he provided a series of comments about the new cuisine.
While that is coming, does anyone know where the new Moby Dick is coming? Anonymous asked, and Moby Dick still advertises a new Columbia spot on its Web site. Where? When?
And there is more:
- Want wings? I liked the Old Bay wings at Second Chance Saloon in Columbia, and folks like Robin and Wondergirl added their thoughts about teriyaki wings there and Old Bay wings at Kelsey's in Ellicott City.
- Henry Hong (foodnerd), Soo, 1000yregg and others said that the Korean fried chicken at Bon Chon is quite different from the Rainpia version. Hong had reported that a "KoFC" joint was coming to the H Mart in Catonsville. Anyone have an update?
- Soo also liked the kolache at Kolache Kreations in Ellicott City. Maryland McKennas recommended the closest bahn mi to Howard County. And people said that ebelskivers are actually real Danish desserts.
- Courtney, sherringham, Steve Fine and others joined our post about what we need here in Howard County -- Bonefish, bahn mi, a Jewish deli . . .
- BeerGuy, Sarah, and others chimed in with their favorite takeout -- Canopy, burritos from Frisco Tap Room, a salad from David's . . . .
- Marcia, Jen Blacker and others recommended their favorites at Penzey's.
- Morty Abzug wrote about the parking shortage at Frisco Tap Room. He also reported that Peking Chef is adding a sushi space -- replacing the closed Narita Sushi in Columbia.
- Anonymous asked for a great breakfast joint near Columbia -- wants coffee, OJ, a beignet and some community. Any suggestions?
- Anyone know what happened to the owners of Narita Sushi? Joy314 asked.
- Treetop Tom recommended the hoagies at Kolache Kreations in Ellicott City. ColumbiaJeff recommended the gnocchi in rosa/aurora sauce at Trattoria e Pizzeria Da Enrico. And Christine recommended the Colombian items at El Hildago.
- Erin and Trish talked up more CSA options in Howard County -- Sandy Springs and Dragonfly.
- Nikki reported that the writing on the walls at Lighthouse Tofu discusses the origins of the Korean language. Chris had a bad night at Honey Pig, although Judy had a good one. Kristi didn't love Red Pearl, although she was going to go back.
- Over on Don Rockwell, Choirgirl21 wrote up Azul 17. Liked the margaritas, the ceviche and a lot else.
- MDFoodlover and Sue S both wrote about the new owners at Bangkok Garden. They like the new decor, and the place should get a new name over the next few months.
- Mo, Sherringham and others responded to my post about Columbia's village centers. Some folks chimed in with their favorite food in the centers.
- Barbi tried the new Pudgies in Clarksville. She liked the pepperoni pizza, the wings, and the cheese calzone. Down the road, Junior Barnes pushed a dessert at El Azteca.
- 1ltkls joined in the followup to Kevin's post about Korean restaurants -- recommending Han Sung at Frederick Road and St. John's Lane.