Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Delicious: Spiced Apple Brew at Roots Market

The taste of spiced apple cider, the bubbles of sparkling wine. Reeds' Spiced Apple Brew is a fun fall drink that is an adult take on non-alcoholic wine.

I poured Spiced Apple Brew into champagne glasses last night as part of the first anniversary dinner that I made for Mrs. HowChow. You can't drink liquor with every course when you have to go to work in the morning.

We drank the bubbling cider with cheese while we caught up on The Hills and waited for dessert. (I have been out of town for two weeks.) Spiced Apple Brew tastes like mulled cider with cinnamon and apples. It is sweet, but less sweet and more interesting than most non-alcoholic wines. I paid $4 for a four-pack, and one bottle filled two glasses. You could serve it anywhere that you wanted juice, but I liked my original inspiration of drinking it with cheese. Next time, I'll serve it with something sharper like cheddar.

I previously posted about Roots for whole grains and for the salad bar, and I have created a page that lists organic and ethnic markets across Howard County. If you visit Roots, consider checking out the Mexican food at El Azteca, which is in the shopping center just north on Rte 108. If you want traditional brew, check out the wall of beer at Perfect Pour in Elkridge or the make-your-own six-packs at im Wine in Fulton.


Roots Market
5805 Clarksville Square Drive
Clarksville, MD 21029
443-535-9321

NEAR: It's on Rte 108 just north of Rte 32. The Clarksville Square shopping center is on the west side filled with "crunchy" businesses owned by the same people -- a restaurant, a pet supply shop, a decorating place. Look for the Jiffy Lube on Rte 108.

No comments: