Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Update: Fatburger in Elkridge Looks Near Opening


Looks like the Fatburger in Howard County will be opening soon. Last weekend, I peeked in the restaurant being built near the new Trader Joe's and Costco in Elkridge -- just east of Columbia. Clearly construction continues. However, the heaviest equipment that I saw was a caulk gun, and the chairs and tables are installed and covered in plastic. They looks like they just need a shipment of beef to start up the grills.

People love this California chain -- see here and here, for example. Looks like they won't be waiting long.

(UPDATE: Don't believe me about "soon." Still construction when I drove past on September 19, 2008 and on October 4, 2008. The permits were off the windows on October 19, 2008, but the place wasn't open yet. When the grills go hot, please post that in the comments. And please write your own opinion. Mrs. HowChow was an In-And-Out Burger woman during her LA years, but we're excited for Fatburger. My favorite hamburger remains at Victoria Gastropub, but I'm open to any suggestions.)

(UPDATE: Most recent update is a November 25, 2008 post when I talked to a guy inside.)

If you go to Fatburger, definitely stick your head in the liquor store next door -- The Perfect Pour, which has a breath-taking selection of beers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Open Damn it!

HowChow said...

I'm with you!!

Anonymous said...

Nay news on this? The only change I have seen is that the neon sign on the inside is no longer lit. :(