|Anyone know when Tigi's will open?|
I'm hoping for someone to give us updates. I asked this week about the Bean and Burgundy Kitchen sign on Rte 40, and Michelle reported that she knows the owner of what will be an upscale coffee and wine bar opening this spring -- not an Ethiopian restaurant.
That's not all you can learn from the comments. EastCoastMatt and others told me how to eat water kimchi. Thank heavens that I hadn't slurped it yet. Folks recommended dishes at the new Sushi Tendou in Fulton, including the "nymph roll" (LisaBMrsS), jellyfish (kam), and "Boston roll" (mdfoodlover) -- although other folks had mixed reports and Kate talked up Asian Fusion Palace.
There are tons of recent comments worth checking out. Here are a handful:
- Mike recommended the roast beef at C&B Delly -- and James, Bobby W and others recommended other places to find great sandwiches.
- Randy recommended Chinese at Noodles Corner, including Pi-Pa Tofu, Singapore Noodles, XO Fish, Pan-Fried Crispy Noodles w/ Seafood, Chow Fun, and a secret off-menu selection.
- Anonymous wants you to go Chapalas in Burtonsville, especially for pupusas and mole veggie enchiladas. AJ, Lindsay and Dzoey each provided reviews of the Mexican at the new Xitomate.
- Al Pong chimed in about the awesome Sumo oranges, which he says are also called Dekepon or Shiranui mandarins. Pong runs an orchard in Fulton where you can buy all kinds of fruit trees, including kaffir line and Asian pears. In his comment, Pong seems to say that he has Dekepon trees that he will propogate as it gets warmer.
- Mike reports that the shuttered El Nayar has now become a Roma's Pizza.
- Jody, Dave Bittner, and others talked up some great "free" treats at local restaurants, including the breadbasket at Elkridge Furnace Inn, the garlic knots at Tomato Palace, and the salsa at Zapata's.
- Anonymous reported that the woman selling baked goods at Frank's Produce is Renata of Renata's Tasty Bites -- who also owns a catering company.
- Julie says that she saw the delicious mini-peppers at Lotte in Catonsville. But LobaLisa wondered what has happened at the Family Market in Columbia where she saw empty shelves.
- Sierra recommends the ribs and tacos at the Las Delicias truck on U.S. 1 -- one of my original HowChow spots.
- Julie, K8teebug and others recommended brunch dishes at Victoria Gastropub -- and Mike chimed in about the burger at the Stained Glass Pub.
- Penny recommended the MidAtlantic Seafood on U.S. 1 in Laurel. That's a new spot for me. In contrast, Jackie didn't like the food ordered from Smokin' Hot Pit Beef, although Dzoey loved the pit beef and mac & cheese.
- Hungry Like The Bear highlighted that growlers have come to Howard County. That comment highlighted growlers at im Wine. But there are other places serving them as well.