Friday, August 27, 2010

Has Strapazza Closed in Ellicott City?

Two people have told me that Strapazza off Rte 108 in Ellicott City has closed and that there is a For Lease sign up on the site.

Strapazza was a casual Italian place, and it hosted a jazz trio on weekends last summer.  Strapazza was part of a little chain with locations like Towson and Pikesville.  I don't know any details about what happened.

Italian isn't a common craving for our restaurant meals, but I think the other local options for Italian a little more complex than pizza include Facci on Johns Hopkins Boulevard, Pasta Plus in Laurel, Pazani Trattoria in Elkridge, and all the different Pasta Blitz location.  Just yesterday, Kam lauded the Clarksville Pasta Blitz, but said he thinks the Ellicott City location  was bland.  I have had other folks say that they love the Ellicott City location on Rte 108.

13 comments:

Leeann said...

Yes! When we go to Pasta Blitz we will only go to the one on 108 in Clarksville. We went to the other one once and never again!

Anonymous said...

Agree - the food at Pasta Blitz near Eggspectations is NOTHING like the one in Clarksville! They should change the name or something because it was very disappointing.

kam said...

Thanks for the shoutout, HowChow, but I'm a she, not a he. ;)

~kam

Dan Hook said...

I think that Strapazza is in Columbia, not Ellicott City.

Anonymous said...

yes, sadly, strapazza in columbia is now closed. i confirmed this with a former employee last night :-(

Unknown said...

The food at the Clarksville location is really good. The pizza at the Ellicott City location is pretty good though. I think it's pretty weird that I never ate at Strapazza.

Matt said...

I live right around the corner from the Ellicott City Pasta Blitz...my family likes it a lot...I flip flop getting Pizza there when I am not in the mood for sharing Coal Fire with too many people...lol

dzoey said...

Oh that's disappointing - we were just there two weeks ago. Their version of fettuccine alfredo is(er...was) our favorite.

I don't know why we didn't go more often. Originally the pizzas were too salty, but that had been fixed in our last couple of visits.

We tend to go to Pasta Blitz near Eggspectations for baked ziti and pizza.

michelle said...

well thats sad - we ate their a couple times very recently - its very convenient when we need to go to the travel agent - bummer

lucky little bird said...

That's funny -- our experience has been opposite of your other readers. We LOVE the Past Blitz next to Eggspectation in Ellicott City and disliked the one in Clarksville so much that we never went back.

Kal said...

This was my favorite Italian place in the Columbia area...now I will starve.

Talked to the broker, said the owners didn't pay rent, I thought they were doing good.

Anonymous said...

Regarding Strapazza closing in Columbia, I wonder what will take its place?.... hopefully something good. For good Italian, there is still Mama Lucia on 108 in the shopping center opposite the restaurant park, and Carrabba's in Ellicott City.

Kal said...

Financially strapped Strapazza shuts its doors:

http://www.explorehoward.com/news/74976/financially-strapped-strapazza-shuts-its-doors/