Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crabs At Frank's Seafood - My Best Ever

Frank's Seafood delivered this weekend with some of the best crabs that I have ever eaten.

We hosted family and ate a half bushel of #1s with some corn and watermelon.  It's a once-a-year event for us, so we want delicious crabs.  Frank's delivered -- metaphorically.  We called ahead for the $84 mix of mediums and larges, and I picked up a box filled to the brim and then covered with a newspaper from the Eastern Shore.

The crabs were an absolute feast.  Heavy.  Sweet.  We ate for hours, and every hardshell came out tasting perfect.  It was a great bookend to the Frank's purchase that started off my summer with crabcakes.  Go grab a few dozen to end your summer right.

Frank's Seafood is the retail operation inside the Jessup wholesale seafood market.  They sell Tuesday to Sunday.  You need to check in at the entry gate, but retail buyers don't pay an entrance fee.

If you are going to Frank's, keep your eyes out for the scallops.  I bought them again -- $9 for a half pound -- and they cooked up perfectly last night with just butter.  And grab all the crab supplies if you need.  We got mallets and hard plastic knives for $1 a head.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

We had crabs from Frank's on Sunday. They were still hot when we got them home. The only place to get crabs, or any seafood, period.

Unknown said...

Love Frank's! I love getting the mixed bushel

Josh K said...

We did this a few weeks back. The women ahead of me was picking up 7.5 bushels - I wanted to go where she was going.

Anonymous said...

Got crabs from Franks 2 weekends ago. Only had 1 light crab in the dozen. The dozen was 1/2 the price Gunnings quoted the day before. Franks is my new source for crabs.

Marcia said...

Keep going this month! Frank's crabmeat and crabs are so sweet in September! Love the scallops, too, no additives.

Josh K said...

I also suggest the Sushi-grade Tuna for those who like it raw or grilled very rare.

John said...

Know of any other good places for crabs besides Frank's? I called Frank's today and they were sold out. I'm hoping to get a 1/2 bushel for tomorrow, but it looks like I need recommendations for another place. Please help!!!