|The new facade at|
But the new food should flow as early as this week.
Above is the beautiful wooden facade that has gone up at the new Petit Louis coming to the Columbia waterfront. The brilliant idea is that they have two doors. One at the end that looks like it will be a bar or takeout area and then the main doors facing the lake. I hope the takeout option opens the place to people who may not start with an expensive dinner, and I hope it keeps their cash register ringing all day.
Trip Klaus heard that the Columbia Petit Louis should open in January. Clayton posted another better photo so that you can see the Petit Louis facade. Their liquor license application describe patio dining, so good weather should only make that area more lively and fun. Let us know if you know or see more. As we plan for the year, there are a bunch of restaurants on their way:
- White Oak Tavern on Rte 40 says they're aiming to open the second week of January because they couldn't get an inspector to visit before the holidays. Their Facebook page has photos, including photos of a trip to the Wagon Wheel Ranch. where you can buy locally-raised meat by the box.
- Highland Inn on Rte 216 still has "Opening Soon" on its Web site, and the Polo Club in Fulton will offer Indian in a really pretty looking building off Johns Hopkins Road.
- Tere's Latin Market was opening a restaurant in the adjoining space on Rte 40. I found a Yelp post by Gerald E. that says the market's taqueria now shares a kitchen with a restaurant, so that may already be open. But it'll be new to me when I go in 2014.
- Pisco in Elkridge now has signs in the window saying that Peruvian food and ceviche will arrive by Spring 2014. This is the folks who run Facci, and I think Peruvian food could be spectacularly successful.
- Two new restaurants are going into the Snowden River shopping center with Pars Market and Azul 17. An Indian place call Chutney will replace the shuttered Akbar, and there are signs for a Japanese buffet in the former home of Nichi Bei Kei.
- Nichi Bei Kei has a Web site saying that they're relocating, and there has been talk about them moving to Sterrett Road near the mall.
- (Updated: Lisa reminded me in the comments that Buffalo Wild Wings is coming to the Rte 175 shopping center with Target.)
What are you looking to try in 2014? I still need to try the Rumor Mill on Main Street in Ellicott City. I also have some dishes to try at Yel Nal House on Rte 40. This could be a big year for Korean.
Please comment below if you know the timing on any of the restaurants above -- or if you know other new places that will come in 2014.