Monday, August 19, 2013

Hatch Chile Craziness This Week At Wegmans

While I was away, Mena flagged for me that the Hatch chile event comes back this week to the Columbia Wegmans.

The New Mexico chiles took over the Wegmans parking lot last year, and people could buy them in several levels of spiciness and roasted or fresh.  Looks like the same options come back this year.  People buy them by the case, then freeze them to add all year.

Mena says Wegmans called for pre-orders because she had ordered last year.   You can talk to the catering department.  Or you could check out the parking lot on August 23-25.

Thanks Mena!

3 comments:

Zevonista said...

Thanks for the head's up! Just ordered my case...

Anonymous said...

I still have some frozen from my last order. The aroma is amazing when you go to pick them up!

Anonymous said...

I was there Thursday, 8/23, and was able to purchase roasted and fresh peppers in the produce department w/o having to buy an entire case.