|Any timeline on The Ale House?|
The very nice Croatian lady running the stand said it's she's there on Saturdays. Her tomato-onion torts are amazing, and her assortment of breads and desserts are great. She's definitely worth a stop. Bring cash as she doesn't take cards. BTW, it looks like the last of the local tomatoes will soon be gone at Franks but they've got plenty of nice apples.
While we're talking news, can anyone share the timeline for the Alehouse going in on Dobbin Road? They ripped the building back to the walls, and it looks like it will an entirely new place when it opens. MaybeKathy asked for an update in July. The sign says "Fall 2012."
On top of news, you get opinion. Check out the dozen-plus suggestions for cheesesteaks in Howard County. It vered into sausage sandwiches, but you can chime in about what makes a cheesesteak, what doesn't, and where to get your local fill. Check out the questions as well. Jennifer asks where to get falafel. Morty recommends Rudy's in Columbia. Anonymous asks where to buy injera.
But don't just take my opinion. See what other readers suggest:
|Hot bread at Maiwand Kabob|
- Avram recommends the lamb burger at Tandoor Grill on Johns Hopkins Road. A lamb burger with a fried egg on top and steak fries.
- Rib suggests asking for Maiwand Kabob's spinach to substitute for the salad. Their vegetables are delicious. Anonymous suggests the chicken and rice at Lily's Mexican Market. An equal for the tacos? (And if you want tacos, Lulu Lovetoeat talks up Teres Latin Market's taqueira.
- Anonymous spots a sweet bargain in the bulk candied ginger at David's Natural Market in Columbia.
- Kevlar51 reports a Thursday farmers market at National Business Park off Rte 32. They apparently have trucks with Korean food, crepes, tacos and more. (Kevlar also reported a few weeks ago on a great pork chop from Dave's in Savage, so I hope that means he is back in business.)
- Annie Rie says she has a bottle of the Pepper Jelly Heaven jelly in her fridge.
- Hage no hige talks up the guac, margaritas and more at Azul 17.
- Elizabeth, DawnP and others recommended where to eat and watch the NFL. I had pushed Kloby's and others. Folks recommended Second Chance Saloon, Sonoma's, and the wings at Judge's Bench. Brent The Brewer pushes on the Old Bay wings at the Stained Glass Pub and the pulled pork at Frisco Tap House.
- Lots of reports about the Korean fried chicken at Bon Chon in Ellicott City. Some great chicken comes out of there, but folks worry about the wait and the service -- and that really spicy sauce.
- Kim F had a bad night at Bangkok Garden 9 and wrote a reasonable critique. I have eaten well there, but she didn't.
- Yama Sushi's fans chime in -- Brian for the spicy girl roll and Kristi for the shrimp udon.
- I wrote all about the new bread options in Howard County, and people talked up the challah at Bon Fresco. If you want sweet, follow Courtney C to Kake Corner where she got her son's first birthday cake.
- Amelia, Evan Brown and others suggested great sausages to go with the best hot dog buns in Howard County.
- Jessica promotes the key lime pie ice cream at ScoopAhhDeeDo in Ellicott City.