Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homemade Popsicles At Bon Appetit Bakery

Fruit and red bean popsicles at Bon Appetit in Ellicott City
Homemade popsicles should be part of your summer if you are running around with kids or acting like a kid yourself.

Check out the "Icebar" freezer at Bon Appetit Bakery on Rte 40 in Ellicott City.  The Korean bakery does all kinds of cakes, pastries and cookies.  Now, they're making popsicles in house, and the fruity, creamy treats are well-worth the visit.

Coffee popsicles at Bon Appetit
On Saturday, I grabbed a mango popsicle.  It's the fresh taste of fruit with a creamy consistency.  They're making the right mix, getting a mango flavor and a slightly softer feel than the juice popsicles that I still enjoy out of our Zoku machine.  I should have grabbed more napkins.  I ended up with drips down my shirt as we drove down Rte 40.

Bon Appetit also sells popsicles in coffee, red bean, green apple, grape, and "milky."  They're a perfect treat for $1.75.  Fun if you're looking for something to do with some kids -- although I might eat them sitting at the bakery's tables.  Or fun if you're on Rte 40 and just need to cool down yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but the best "homemade" pops are in NC: http://www.ilovelocopops.com/

They need to open a store here.

Anonymous said...

They now have blueberry flavor, too. I didn't detect much "real" mango flavor in the mango pop. It tasted artificial to me.