Thursday, March 29, 2012

No Whole Foods In The Old Rouse HQ

Whole Foods is no longer negotiating to open in the former Rouse Company headquarters in downtown Columbia, reports Kevin Rector in Explore Howard.

Kevin interviewed a Howard Hughes Co. executive, who said they're looking for another tenant for the lakefront building.  I'm all for that.  I have to admit that I had pictured the Whole Foods filling that place and spilling out with some chairs on the lake.  It would be great if they could find something fun.

4 comments:

annie said...

I would love to see a really good seafood restaurant with outdoor seating go in there.

Anonymous said...

I live in Town Center and that spot really needs to be some type of grocery/organic market similar to the old Produce Galore in Wilde Lake.

Food Nomad said...

The Rouse Company was the whole reason that my family even moved to this area. My dad used to work in that building and I still remember the amazing Christmas parties they used to have. I hope they put the building to good use. It deserves another life.

P90 Noir said...

I'd love to see a Fresh Market (http://www.thefreshmarket.com) go in there or somewhere in HoCo.