The fun of blogs is that we can be nice to each other, and Wendi at the Bon Appetit Hon blog has tried to start a cheeky little wave of blogs passing on kudos to each other. Wendi created her own blog awards -- the It's A Major Award!, which she promptly awarded to HowChow.
Wendi's inspiration is that her seven blogs were supposed to award blogs of their own. And so on. And so on. It's just fun, and I'm always eager to link to people who are writing good stuff. I have an entire list of recommended blogs in the right column, but here are seven local food blogs that I'll inflict with a Major Award, mostly because they're great blogs and people who I hope will be amused enough to continue Wendi's plan (please?) --
- The Baltimore Snacker -- one of the originals, a great mix of restaurants and recipes, and the spectacular project of snackin' at every exit of the Baltimore Beltway.
- Black Coffee and a Donut -- two sisters who fled Howard County, but not so far away. They beat HowChow in the Mobbies, so respect must be paid. Plus, you have to respect them because they eat lobsters as big as a dog.
- Baltimore Beer Guy -- the source for craft beers from DC to Baltimore. The BBG introduced me to Frisco Grille.
- Cupcake RN -- restaurant reviews, cooking stories, and updates about adventures with Steve. She just started a tour of sushi restaurants.
- Kevin and Ann Eat Everything -- the funniest writing that you're going to get about food around here. Read now before Kevin either explodes from eating beef or gets in trouble for leaving his son at Larriland Farm.
- The Pizzablogger -- great source for pizza. The PB reviews local places, and he is tapped into a network of artisans who make spectacular pies from here to New Haven.
- Fred Foodie -- the blog about dining in Frederick, another place with more good food than people to write about it -- and Volt! Check it out if you're driving west to go eat.