Thursday, March 5, 2009

Santa Tecla Peanut Brittle at El Patio Market

The best part about writing a food blog is that I can buy candy as a public service.

I'm not snacking. I'm researching when I grab that 99-cent peanut brittle from the counter at El Patio Market in Elkridge. I stopped at El Patio for their empanadas -- handmade pastries filled with chicken, beef or various vegetable combinations. But those were for dinner, so I grabbed the Santa Tecla peanut brittle to nibble on the way to Lowes.

Santa Tecla is terrific. The flavor was peanuts with a taste of sesame seeds. It's quite adult and actually less sweet than most brittles that I have had. Great for a snack. Perfect to throw in a lunch bag. Interesting enough that I may buy some more to see if the brittle cuts cleanly. A strip of brittle would dress up homemade ice cream. Altogether, another fun find.

El Patio is small, but it has some delicious an unique items like the empanadas or a Super Mango Lollipop. Or consider stopping for a snack or a meal at one the trucks on Rte 1, particularly the tacos at Pupuseria Lorenita's at Paco's Paint a few blocks north of Rte 175 or the fajitas and ribs at Pupuseria Y Taqueria Las Delicias on the way south to Rte 32.

El Patio Market
7968 Washington Boulevard (U.S. 1)
Jessup, MD 20794
443-755-0385


NEAR: Just south of Rte 175 on U.S. 1. It's on the east side about a block south of the intersection. Very convenient from I-95.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happened last night to be at the intersection right in front of El Patio and noticed the restaurant end was completely dark. For all I know, it's been closed forever, but I had to come back and check your post because I knew you'd just written about it. But I see you were indeed talking about the market and not the restaurant.