Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Soft Stuff: Ice Cream in Ellicott City


Soft Stuff makes memories out of the mundane.

Get out of your house this summer for an ice cream cone. Soft Stuff is a slice of Ellicott City history -- right across from the former Enchanted Forest amusement park. Get a cone -- vanilla, chocolate or a swirl. Bring some friends. Take your folks to sit at the picnic tables. Turn a hot summer night into the great reason to cool yourself down.

It's a beautiful place, even though the ice cream is just average and the picnic tables overlook traffic on Rte 40. It is just more fun than eating dessert in your own yard. You'll be surrounded by other folks, by kids dripping ice cream down their arms and couples licking cones as they sit in the open gate of their pickups. You nod hello. You smile at everyone. For $2.40, you can make a cone of your own summer memories. For a little more, you can go banana split.

Soft Stuff at the Forest Motel
10021 Baltimore Pike
Ellicott City, MD
410-465-2090

NEAR: Soft Serve is attached to the Forest Motel. It is on the south side of Rte 40 west of Rte 29.


Soft Stuff on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that place. Was just there last weekend for a delicious, dripping ice cream cone. My only suggestion would be that they have a hand-washing place. Maybe they do. I just couldn't spot it.

Lloyd said...

There is a 'chain ice place' in Ellicott City. Soft Stuff has generational memories and will make memories. It brought tears to my eyes bring my girls their for the first time after their lacrosse game. It brought back memories of my youth growing up in the area.

Anonymous said...

I love soft stuff. I have been going there since i was a kid after my softball games and i hope it is still around so i can take my kids!