Thursday, June 5, 2008

Delicious: Lychees at the H Mart


It wasn't really a test, but lychees on the first date were certainly a good sign.

The first day that I met Mrs. HowChow, we paddled around Centennial Lake, and I brought a snack of trail mix and lychees. They're an Asian fruit with a tough skin loose over a firm, sweet flesh inside. They're moist and light-flavored. The consistency of a skinless grape, but with a tropical, slightly-tart taste and a dark seed inside.

That summer, they were my recent find at the H Mart in Falls Church, and I brought a bag for the blind date all the way in Howard County. I brought what I liked, and I figured it was good to know early if a woman doesn't like new experiences. On a broiling hot day, my date ate them up, talking and snacking as we sat beached in a little shade.

Lychees are back in season, and because of that date, I buy them at the H Mart in Catonsville. Worth every extra minute to drive east on Rte 40 for lychees and all the other great adventures that the H Mart offers.



H Mart
800 N. Rolling Road
Catonsville, MD 21228
443-612-9020
www.hmart.com


1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

Yummy! I have seen them in the grocery store here, but have never bought them. I have only eaten them when out. They look so cool though!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!